- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Full reimbursed DBS
- Employee assistance programme
- Optional salary-sacrifice car & bike scheme
- Optional retail discount card
Established by our two GP directors in 2005 The Practice Group is one of the county’s leading providers of NHS primary, community and home-based care via our 6 divisions. We work extensively with clinical commissioning groups, local authorities and the wider NHS; together with private individuals and independent case managers. As TPG General Practice we deliver a supported and sustainable quality service for GP surgeries. TPG Complex Care is focused in delivering high quality home-based complex healthcare services. TPG Eyes and TPG Dermatology provide a range of innovative community based services including Ophthalmology and Dermatology. TPG Data Analytics and TPG Primary Care Support provide actionable insights, capacity and capability for healthcare providers.
The post holder will provide care for the presenting patient from initial history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of care.
They will work collaboratively with the general practice team to meet the needs of the patients, ensuring that practice policies and procedures are followed.
They will also assist the Registered Manager with duties related to CQC outcomes, ensuring that compliance is maintained
- Communicate effectively with all team members both within the practice with other agencies.
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers recognising their need for alternative communication methods.
- Communicate to a high level, both spoken and written
Health and Safety
- Use appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in own designated clinical room so that they are clean, safe and free from hazards, reporting any potential risks.
- Understand and apply the principles of the cold chain
- Fridge Temperature Recording
- Check all emergency equipment and drugs as per CQC recommendations ensuring records are up to date.
- Know the health and safety policies and procedures within the workplace, including fire procedures, maintaining accurate documentation, consent, sharps and needlestick injuries.
- Be aware of the child safeguarding procedures, local guidance and referral criteria
- Take responsibility for own developmental training and performance, including participating in clinical supervision and annual appraisals
- Take responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal development
- Work with Nurse Lead/Practice Manager on any new training requirements
- To recognise and understand the role and responsibilities of individuals working in the clinical team
- Undertake regular audits to ensure achievement of best practice and clinical effectiveness
- Ensure own actions are consistent with agreed standards of care, following practice/national guidelines
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
- Alert team members to issues regarding the quality or risk in the patients care
- Know the practices policies and procedures, ensuring frequent review through Connect
- Be able to manage own time, workload and resources effectively
- Be aware of, and actively take part in Qof through the call and recall of patient
- Ensure stock items are ordered and available in all clinical and treatment rooms
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies
- Maintain patient confidentiality and accurate record keeping
- Attend and participate in practice team and clinical meetings
Equality and Diversity
- Respect the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
- Act in a way that recognises the importance of peoples rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with practice procedures
- Act as a chaperone
Undertake and record the following clinical tasks as required:
- Assess, plan, provide and implement and evaluate nursing care to meet the care needs of individuals in the practice population
- Identify, and manage as appropriate, treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition
- Support patients to adopt health promotion strategies that encourage patients to live healthily, and apply principles of self-care e.g. diet, exercise, alcohol, smoking cessation
- Undertake health screening, surveillance, new-patient screens and immunisation
- Assess and care for patients presenting with wounds including removal of sutures and clips and leg ulcer management
- Vaccination and immunisations, administering injections, ensuring safe vaccine storage, implementing cold chain policy
- Undertake cervical cytology screening on those who are eligible in line with national guidelines
- To perform venepuncture
- Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency situations, including initiation of effective emergency care
- UK registered nurse with significant post registration experience
- Must have a good knowledge on Quality outcomes Framework
- Able to direct and co-ordinate programmes of care working autonomously and collaboratively, recognising when referrals are required
- Must be able to relay clinical information and maintain accurate, comprehensive consultation records
- Must have PC skills – ideally will be able to use basic Word, Excel and e-mail
- Should be organised, friendly, approachable, polite, self motivated, positive and patient. Needs to have an empathy with patients, some of whom may not be so patient or polite due to anxiety
- Ability to remain calm in sometimes fraught circumstances
- Needs to be sensitive when dealing with confidential issues
- Needs to apply common sense when dealing with situations which do not fit the norm
- Must be adaptable and comfortable dealing with changing priorities and be a team player
- Must be able to assess their own competency
- Must be aware of the professional boundaries they are working to and highlight any areas of required development and ensure continual professional development maintained
- Able to work in a changing environment and implement change when applicable to provide high quality health outcomes