- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Full reimbursed DBS
- Employee assistance programme
- Optional salary-sacrifice car & bike scheme
- Optional retail discount card
Established by our two GP directors in 2005 The Practice Group is one of the country’s leading providers of NHS primary, community and home-based care via our 6 divisions. We work extensively with clinical commissioning groups, local authorities and the wider NHS; together with private individuals and independent case managers. As TPG General Practice we deliver a supported and sustainable quality service for GP surgeries. TPG Complex Care is focused in delivering high quality home-based complex healthcare services. TPG Eyes and TPG Dermatology provide a range of innovative community based services including Ophthalmology and Dermatology. TPG Data Analytics and TPG Primary Care Support provide actionable insights, capacity and capability for healthcare providers.
The Practice Kingsway are looking for a receptionist for 25 hours per week.
- Handling telephone and face to face requests for appointments and making the appointments on the computerised appointments system
- Booking in patients when they arrive at the surgery
- Advising patients of the results of routine tests
- Receiving and checking repeat prescription requests. Printing repeat prescriptions
- Giving completed prescriptions to patients and to local pharmacies who collect them
- Calling patients to arrange for routine appointments, e.g. for immunisations, asthma checks, diabetes checks etc.
- Receiving and documenting payments for non-NHS services such as taxi medicals, HGV medicals, travel claim forms, some travel vaccinations, circumcisions etc.
- Registering new patients and removing patients who have left on the computerized record system
- Checking consulting rooms each morning, turning on computers, checking couch roll etc.
- Providing information to the Midwife on newly pregnant patients
- Checking fridges, lights, windows computers etc. at the end of each day
- Straightening/tidying the waiting room at the end of the day
- Keeping leaflets tidy and stocked
- Setting the surgery answer phone
- Photocopying, scanning and filing of paper records
- Ordering: this may be stationery and office supplies, consumables or medical/clinical supplies ordered under the supervision of one of the Nursing staff
- Booking patient transport [occasional]
- To maintain and develop effective communication across the team
- To assist the Practice Manager to achieve targets and deadlines set by the PCT and The Practice.
- Any other reasonable tasks at the request of the Practice Manager
- Processing referrals in accordance with the referral protocol.
- Summarising Patient records.
- Copying medical records as and when required
- Reception or customer care experience is essential
- The person must be an excellent communicator both spoken and written
- Must be able to work within processes/procedures
- Needs to maintain confidentiality and data security
- Must be flexible to work different shifts as required by business needs
- Reception experience is essential and ideally the person will have worked in a GP or other medical centre
To be considered for this role, you must apply!