- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Full reimbursed DBS
- Employee assistance programme
- Optional salary-sacrifice car & bike scheme
- Optional retail discount card
Established by our two GP directors in 2005 The Practice Group is one of the country’s leading providers of NHS primary, community and home-based care via our 6 divisions. We work extensively with clinical commissioning groups, local authorities and the wider NHS; together with private individuals and independent case managers. As TPG General Practice we deliver a supported and sustainable quality service for GP surgeries. TPG Complex Care is focused in delivering high quality home-based complex healthcare services. TPG Eyes and TPG Dermatology provide a range of innovative community based services including Ophthalmology and Dermatology. TPG Data Analytics and TPG Primary Care Support provide actionable insights, capacity and capability for healthcare providers.
The post holder will act as a Medical Secretary, providing administrative support, in particular letter typing, referrals, scanning and work-flowing clinical documentation, but may also be asked to assist with other administrative duties.
MAIN TASKS – PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To maintain and develop effective communication across the team.
- Any other reasonable tasks at the request of the Practice Manager.
- Support Reception desk when necessary – may be some regular sessions on the desk as per rota need.
Administration duties for The Practice.
- Undertake referrals using Choose & Book
- Undertake 2ww and urgent referrals via the required communication method for the individual service
- Typing of general letters/referrals
- Maintain referral pathway information up-to-date and communicate changes to clinical staff
- Maintain standard referral documents on System 1
- Expedite hospital appointments as required
- Undertake minutes of meetings
- Telephone answering
- General letters to patients/consultants and other healthcare professionals
- To assist with Registrations when required
- Provide timely response by telephone or in person to patients
- Solicitors/insurance/medical reports
- Daily monitoring of practice e-mail and take appropriate action
- Scanning clinical documents once they have been received in practice
- Workflow clinical documentation and appropriately signpost, file as necessary to reduce administration going to doctors.
- Read-code clinical documentation and administrative tasks as they are completed/worked on as per surgery guidelines.
- Any other reasonable administrative task as directed by The Practice Manager or Practice Administrator
- Ensure that personal mandatory or organisationally required training is up to date
- Engage in regular strengthened appraisal process and subsequent learning/change in practice
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent audio and touch typing skills
- Competent in full Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ideally will have experience in the use of System 1
- Competent in the use of ERS and Choose book referral systems
- Experience in read-coding and work flowing clinical documentation
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues and with patients appropriately
- Ability to prioritise and problem solve
- Must be able to work within processes/procedures
- Should be personable, polite and patient
- Needs to be able to remain calm in fraught circumstances
- Needs to maintain confidentiality and data security
- Needs to apply common sense when dealing with situations which do not fit the norm
- Must be adaptable and comfortable dealing with changing priorities
- Must be flexible to work different shifts as required by business needs
- Must be a team player